CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A push and a shove!

I have a couch that I bought at a thrift store hanging out at my friends house. So she called me up and asked if I could come get it out, so I said yeah sure no problem. So my mom and I emptied the seats out of the van and hauled it all the way down a flight of stairs and into the van. We got all the way to my house which is about 20 miles away, put it on the plastic and slid it down this ginormous hill that is on the side of my house. We get it to the slider and it won't fit so I take the door apart and it still won't fit. Grrr. Normally we would have measured before going through all this work but today our brains left our heads. (and also the slider door looks huge!) Also a short note: We had just gotten a fresh blanket of snow on the ground two days prior and today it happened to rain so the snow was melting. So we had to haul this 9 ft. couch with a sleeper sofa inside back up the massively steep hill with sloppy snow on it. We got about 1/8 of the way and realized, after we had both wiped out a few times that there was no way this was going to work. So we tipped it up on end and rolled it up the hill. Just as we got to the top a friend of my boss' pulled in ( I live with my boss, I am a live-in nanny). Now he is a VERY well built guy. He picked the whole couch up on his own and loaded it right into the van for us. WOW! Where was he 20 minutes ago? ( quote taken from Logziella) Yeah no doubt. Sometimes I wonder what I am thinking. I don't know what is going on but lately God has been teaching me some really great lessons about brushing it off and just laughing about it. My mom and I laughed so hard all the way to the dump. And when I told her I was going to write this on my blog she laughed even harder!

3 comments:

none said...

They just don't make doors big enough sometimes. I once had to saw the legs off a couch to get it up some stairs.

Too bad about your couch though.

Logzie said...

LOL!! I wish I could have witnessed you two! I am laughing just thinking about it! LOL!!

Jen said...

yes, I am CRACKING Up just hearing the story...I can't imagine how hard I'd be laughing if I had actually seen the whole ordeal!

I SO TOTALLY KNOW that I just LOVE you!! You are so much fun and it's like you could be part of my family or something. Even the words you use (ginormous) I thought we invented that word! ha ha