CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Just a share moment!

Rock Chef made me think of this story! When I was 2 1/2 my mom worked third shift and she didn't have anyone to watch me on this particular day so she winged it and decided to sleep on the couch while I played! I normally would climb the counters and push the cereal boxes off the fridge and eat all the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms or chew gum then spit it out and put it in my hair but this time I did one better! I grabbed a stool or chair and pushed it to the front door and unlocked it. I just strolled right on out and nobody knew. I decided it would be fun to play right on the lawn outside our apartment. Well this man named Rick saw me and looked around and thought it was a little dangerous that I was out there by myself. so he took me in and let me play at his house where he had a daughter the same age as me. Her name is Valerie. We played for quite a few hours when my mother emerged frantically looking for me. Rick saw my mom and waved her down and she was relieved that I was OK. I have been friends with Valerie for 21 years now and we still talk and joke about how we met!

4 comments:

Rock Chef said...

It is a big shame but I don't think anyone would dare to do something like that these days - too scared of being arrested!

Logzie said...

I know what you mean RC as on a few occassions Chuck has mentioned feeling like he can't really pick up or hug another child as fear of "how it would look". So sad that is the world we live in these days! So, so sad!

Rach-so glad you were okay!!! You little STINKER you!

Jen said...

you got me giggling this morning...
I can just see that scenario in my mind...except for in my version, the mom is SCREAMING! ha ha
Great story! thanks for sharing!

Rock Chef said...

Rachael - been looking for that magazine - can't find one anywhere. Will try again next week.