CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pushed to the limit!!!!

You all know that I am having some deep issues with my job and I have had a pretty tough time! Well it just got worse. Now I just don't care anymore, not even all of E-mans love is enough to stay and work for someone who is so self-centered and heartless. This women has pushed me to my limit! So here is the last of the stories for this job that will come as Friday is my last day!

There is a big consignment sale coming up at our church this weekend and for two months now Britney has been pulling out tons of stuff she wants to sell, the basement is a disaster because of it. So about a month ago when she was on vacation in Florida and E-man and I were at home she told me I had to go through it all and tag it and write the size, description, and write all the items on the log in order from smallest to biggest. So stupid me did it and I should have said no. See I don't like confrontation and I am not very good at saying NO! Well I thought for sure that was going to be the last of it, uh no. So I got a little nosey this week and was looking at what she had priced her stuff at and I saw on the log that she hadn't written in any prices. I also noticed some writing on the instructions sheet as to what needs to be done yet. Well I knew what was coming and I prepared myself. I got to the house today and Britney says, I need you to put hangers on each item, then write each price on the log and then tomorrow you can take them to church and drop them off. Of course I was furious inside and wanted to tell her to bug off, but you know that I didn't. So she left for work and it ate away at me so I called her up! Yup I did and I told her , I have gone through my letter of understanding over and over again and I don't feel that doing your consignment stuff is consider part of the description. I totally understand anything to do with E-man, E's Laundry, tidying up at the end of the day, Light house work such as: Kitchen, bathrooms, vaccuum, dust, grocery shopping, but I do not feel that anything that is personal is mine to do such as:printing out registries and buying presents from babys R Us and wrapping them, e-bay, consignment, sewing curtains, driving to several goodwills to find a "not too ugly sweater" but then deciding it wasn't ugly enough so she needs ME to make it uglier, organizing and seperating toys, picking up something she found on craigslist that is over an hour away, etc. (Oh yeah there is more!) She of course didn't agree and said that she thought I would have plenty of time since E-man was going to take a nap anyways that I could do it. It also states that I am allowed to take at least an hour break each day and I can honestly say it is rare that I get that break ever. I am normally going until she walks in the door. Well obviously that wasn't going to happen. She said that when we sat down and talked about this in the beginning that she had explained to me that this is what it would be like. Hmmm, yeah if she would have told me that she wanted all of this I would have said either forget it or you need to pay me more! I have had it! Some part of me hope she comes home today and says here is your pay, I don't need you anymore! I love this little boy so much but the way that she has been treating me is disgusting! I hope nobody ever has to be treated like this it is horrible! I feel like my self-esteem is Nil. Just think E-man has to deal with her for the rest of his life!

You know the other day I wanted to take e-man to Chuck E cheese and play some games and have fun. When I asked Britney about it she said Oh he can just play in the tubes and stuff. Now how cheap is that? Then about two weeks later she decides to throw her new boyfriend a birthday party and spend $75 bucks on supplies and who knows how much on 3 or 4 pairs of calvin Klein pants and 3 calvin klein shirts, but E-man and I can't have a little cash to go and play games. Now I never ask her for money, I use my own. To me that is extremely self-centered and selfish. The only person she cares about is herself. I hope for the best for E-man and hope that he learns the right way to live life. What a great kid!

well thats it I am sure that I will have another story for you tomorrow but until then....

11 comments:

kenady said...

It is sad that there are stupid people and those stupid people have kids. I am sorry for your woes, but like you, am a bit more worried about E-man. I hope things get better, at least until Friday:)

Claire said...

Just stopped by - I can't believe some people - I used to nanny so I understand what you are going through - find the balance and set your boundaries - there comes a time - and you will know it - when it has to end or change for the better.

Logzie said...

I am so stinkin proud of you Rach! You did awesome laying down your boundries..."this far and NO farther!"...YOU DID IT!!

It may seem 'now' like she is winning and everything seems to work out 'her way' but she will realize everything she had in you (and then some!) in a couple weeks.

The way you handled today's 'situation' was STELLAR!! And, to be honest, I don't know if I would have had the guts to do it!

Have I mentioned that I am proud of you????? :0)

LOVE YOU!!

Mojonah said...

Wow! I can't believe it! Good for you that you stood up for your rights, and set boundaries. I know that can be so stinking hard. I'm sorry that you have had to be hurt in the process.

Rock Chef said...

Wow, that woman wants a slave, not a nanny! I hate it when people go cheap on their kids and then spend loads on themselves - this is the absolute opposite of what we do!

Wonder if any of the people at her church know what she is really like?

Rachael Rae Diaries said...

Kenady-well I will def agree about stupid people with kids! I know that E-mans heavenly father is watching over him so I am starting to learn to not worry.

Claire-Well you were super right, I set my boundries yesterday and I knew it. It felt so good!

Logziella-Thanks! You rock!

Mojonah- You know sometimes it hurts but there is always a good part in there some where. The good cancels out the bad!

Rock Chef- You know that is exactly what Logziellas Logan says about her, she wants a slave. And then he adds on that that is not what I am! (thanks little man) Ha! Well I am looking for a job in the UK so if you want to hire me let me know! Ha ha! I know that people actually don't know what she is really like. Wow.

Rock Chef said...

I will have another look for that magazine this lunchtime. Meanwhile, the website is:

http://www.lady.co.uk/

My wife did a spot of nannying when she was younger and always says that this is the best place to look for that sort of work.

mr zig said...

Hi Rachael! -

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! - (I've added yours to my google reader list, so I'll be back again soon)

Kate said...

Why do people have to be like that? But way to go to you for standing up to her and recognizing they your time and space is just as important as hers. I nannied once for a family of seven children for one full week while I was in college. Their parents jetted off to Europe and ALL of the kids were sick. You think the parents would call or be concerned? Nope, off they went. And after cleaning up God knows what for a week, I ended up in the hospital with what they all had. Yuck! That was the end of my nannying days. I hope yesterday went well for you. I'm sure this change will bring about good things for all.

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for E-man. At the rate his mom is going, she's going to run through an endless stream of nanny's who are going to realize it's impossible to work for such a demanding and demeaning woman!

Rachael Rae Diaries said...

Rock Chef- thanks for checking on that for me! Wow.

Mr. Zig-HI! thanks for adding me! can't wait to read your next post.

Miss got wings-I am so sorry you ever had to experience anything that bad! Yuck!

Terri-Thank you thank you! I think she is absolutely ridiculous. I am waiting for the count of nannies she has gone through.

Thank you all for your support and I just want you to know that there are two sides of the story but honestly I think I tell my story as true as possible.:)