So I should totally know better but I always do it. I was on time until I realized the deep groan in my stomach was hunger and I knew I now would be late. So I paused a moment to think about what I wanted for breakfast, oatmeal, no too long, toast, doesn't sound good. So I chose cereal, why not its quick and I can take it in the car with me! Score! So I pour my giant bowl of honey bunches of oats w/almonds thinking about how hungry I am and make a mad dash towards my car in the garage. I push the garage door opener with such extreme pressure, I might have broke it. I start my car and set my cereal on the dashboard as I fasten my seatbelt( yup its the law) and put the car into reverse all at one time. I start to reverse not thinking about whats behind me but if my mirror might make a new friend with the garage on its way out. In my mind I think, hmmm its trash day and the trash can is behind me so I gently brake but my brakes have been a little touchy lately. BRAKE CHECK! Yeah you must use your imagination for this next part. In a flash, like the incredibles, I realize my cereal is still on the dashboard so I reach for it but not quite fast enough. I catch it mid air spilling forward and tip it back up. The milk flies across my console, both seats and myself as if it was the milky way. It was as beautiful as slow motion, better than in the movies! So needless to say I was covered in honey bunches of oats w/almonds and so was everything else. At that very moment I made the choice to laugh it off. Why not?#1: God knew this was going to happen and am sure He was laughing. #2: I mean how many times in a girls life does she spew cereal all over herself and her car? That marked my car 'No longer new' and I am still finding cereal everywhere!
By the way Teresa that was the day I was coming to your house! Its all your fault! LOL ;)
Saturday, January 5, 2008
I should know better! Bad Habit!
Posted by Rachael Rae Diaries at 7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh my gosh! that is SO something I would do. A few years ago my husband surprised me with a diamond heart necklace from Zales. I was SHOCKED and super surprised. But only 2 weeks after having it, I was running late and decided to grab my jewlery and put it on in the car while I drove. I got in the car, got going down the road and got everything on but my necklace--since it takes 2 hands to fasten. As soon as I got to a stop, I picked it up to put on and then my phone rang so I sat it down on the dash. BUT..I guess I didn't pay much attention to the fact that my dash is pretty slanted. As fast as I sat it down, it slipped forward and went right down the vent!!!! I was so upset I thought I was going to pass out! I drove STRAIGHT to the car dealership where we bought my car to see what I could do and they said they would have to pull the whole dash out of my car to get it! (we could see it though by looking down into the vent!!) Anyway, it was going to cost more to have that done than the necklace had cost...so I didn't get to get it out. To this day, I guess it's still in there...!?! I keep praying that someday when I am vacuuming out my floor...it will be laying there. I know it's far-fetched..but I serve a BIG God and nothing is too difficult for Him! It's been several years now though..so I am not sure I should keep hoping..
Anyway, your story reminded me of that.
Sorry you got messy (and your car) but glad you laughed it off.
You told that story wonderfully. Very, Very entertaining!
Oh yes! I remember that day well...you smelled of corn flakes all day long! LOL!!! Just kidding! But I do remember...I felt really bad for you...well as bad as you can for someone who is actually trying to drive AND eat a bowl of cereal at the same time! LOL!!!!
I love ya girl!!!!!
Hey, you're a natural at this blogging thing! I look forward to MANY more fun, entertaining posts from you!!
Welcome to blogging Rachael! I got linked to your site through Logzie. Can't wait to read what's going on by you.
That is completely something I would do, except that my husband and I have a nice car, which I drive and a crummy one, which he drives, so I try to be super careful otherwise I might end up driving the yucky car. Blechhh.
I agree you are anatural storyteller...I am checking in daily now!!
**tapping her fingers...wondering when the next blog post will show up**
Post a Comment