Happy 7th Birthday Logan! I hope its swell! I love you!
So birthdays come and go and we seem to get older, BLAH! I use to love birthdays, would celebrate them for the entire month! It rocked my world then somewhere along the line(this year) I had a rotten one. I have decided I will not allow it to ruin my feelings about birthdays and how special they have always been to me! I am going to keep on celebrating! And when my kids come we are going to make birthdays so much fun! My amazing aunt made me realize something this year. I have a friend who has a birthday on the 1st of October so we obviously celebrated the day of but I planned this huge surprise party for her, which was a ginormous success! I got her a cake, which she hasn't had since she was a small child, Yeah I know who doesn't get their kid a cake? Well she is a great friend to me so I decided to! Her birthday was amazing. I honestly don't feel that I am a stuck up person but when it comes to the celebration of the day I was born its a big deal and dang it it is the one day it is ALL about me! Sorry but everybody gets there day! Naturally my birthday wasn't about me really at all. It was about everybody elses drama and crap that was happening in their lives. As a friend I deal with this stuff everyday, someone calls me crying or upset or frustrated, who listens....ME! I just wanted one frickin' day to be able to enjoy life without any drama! So as my wise aunt told me "You need to stop being so generous to your friends and doing so much for them until they can start returning the kindness! You do so many great things for them they never even really acknowledge that you did it. Now this is not about who can do the most for the other person this is a simple "Thank you for thinking of me" or "What you did really touched me!" You should never expect anything in return but a simple gesture is all that matters!" As hard as it may be I am going to stop taking the initiative all the time and let other people do it!
So I realized for my birthday I got the best present of all, a best friend, a mother, an aunt, a listener, mentor, an appreciator and someone who recgonizes my heart! (NOTE:I have to say as you are typing on this blog things just randomly come to mind! lol)I love you aunt K and thank you for being such a wonderful person in my life!
On the flip side...(not about me)
One of my nanny kids has cancer :( for discretion we will call her peanut! She was diagnosed with cancer in July. They discovered a tumor the size of a small grapefruit growing on the right side of her liver. Now if you get cancer this is the kind you want. so after months of chemo she had her surgery on thursday of last week. It was a success! I got to visit her a couple days later and she was doing great! The surgery took a little over 5 hours but as her mom explained a two year old has so many arteries and veins that when they opened her they had to cut each one and clot it so she wouldn't bleed out. Then once they reached the liver they removed the whole right side, except they had to do one cut then clot then cut and clot, it took a long time. I guess when you take the right side of the liver you must remove the gullbladder also because the right side pumps the blood supply to the gullbladder. Wow true story. Anyways please keep her in your prayers! She is a fighter, she was actually born premature, she weighed 1lb., 5ozs. and now she is 2 and busier than ever! I have had the opportunity to work with them again over the time she has been having her chemo which has been so amazing for just to be able to see how much she has changed and grown! I love it! The other day I had really bad allergies and I sneezed like 3 times in a row and everytime she said "bwess you rachael!" It was so precious!
(Note: When I was visiting my Peanut I ran into E-mans mom she is a doctor there! Yeah I would have to say it was awkward.)
On a brighter side:
I won an all-inclusive trip to a place of my choice: bahamas, cancun, or costa rica! I am really excited about this trip but I get to take someone with me! So I was sitting her thinking about all my friends and which ones have been the most valuable players in my life and unfortunately I can only come up with a couple. The person I would choose is simple and fun and I am sure would want to do all the fun things with me. The trip includes the hotel, food and beverage, and all activities within the resort. so all we would have to buy is the airline tickets! Sign me up! lol
well I think this might be the longest blog I have written in awhile. signing off for now....
-Rachety Rach
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Birthdays....
Posted by Rachael Rae Diaries at 12:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, I hope peanut makes a full recovery. I think she has had enough in her little life to last her, don't you?
The holiday sounds great - have a great time!
My wife is another person who is always doing stuff for others and not seeming to get any thanks - she keeps saying she will do it less but can't help herself!
Awe, thanks for wishing Logan a happy birthday! You're so sweet Rach!!
Such good news about your little one and her recovery!
Hope you find someone to go with you...sorry I can't! But thanks for thinking of me!
Hey Rach! Wow...I didn't realize you were bloggin again! Your posts are always so fun and interesting to read! Congrats on winning a vacation! WHAT FUN!
Sorry your birthday wasn't the best. I had my 30th this year and it was a HUGE deal to me---but NO ONE made even the slightest bit of fuss over it for me. My feelings were severely wounded..even my mom, husband and closest friends barely recognized it....but oh well...life goes on. I guess the majority of the world just doesn't make a very big deal of that stuff. But I'm like you--I like BIG to-do's! Anytime I can think of a reason for a party...I'm having one!
Keep posting!!
Jen
Post a Comment